About me

Welcome to my blog!
At the beginning I would like to say to you :
I'm sorry!
I am sorry that you had to google my blog and come here and read it. Your life will never be the same! :D

I'm 25 years old, mum of two, adorable, but very busy children! I have three cats, a dog a fish and two guinea pigs. I love to crochet, read books and watch silly horror movies. I consider myself as a very positive and funny person, sometimes very argumentative and to honest for some.
I love to spend time with my family. Although I have my own hobby's as well. Long story, short : My life doesn't ends on my kids.
That's why I've decided to study towards my Psychology degree!
Now, signing yourself up with some university is easy. The hard part starts when, English is your second language, you have conditions called : Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fibromyalgia ( is as hard to live with them as it is to pronounce them ;) ) Depression with Anxiety and Restless Legs Syndrome, and they are very painful. You have so many things to do in a day, that you wish that day would last 72h not only 24!
One of my favourites saying is : You think this is crazy? I will show you crazy! - which pretty much describes my whole life ;) Enjoy!

Tuesday 28 January 2014

So your study materials has arrived!

You've probably joined students forum and facebook groups three months before.

Now... Are you ready?  Good. Breath deep please and CALM DOWN!

No, don't laugh or think that I am silly! I'm dead serious!

You have 7 assignments to be worry about, plus planning and self-reflection. Don't jump to everything to quick!

Let me give you few tips:

1. Do not scan through all of the books and booklets and begin to worry about assignment number 3, when you haven't even started to cover the first one.

2. Do not stress about not being able to go for your tutorials - they are not compulsory and you can get the same help from your tutor over the phone or e-mail.

3. Don't worry where with their work are other people. You are not them. Don't try to keep up, you might lose some key information, important for your TMA. Take as much time as you need.

4. Make a plan. Just key points. It will help you organise the whole TMA.

5. Do as much as you can, when you can. If you can do only 20 minutes, do them! The key is to do your studying systematically. ( trust me, I had two scholarships and I was A* student, I know how to study) .

6. Let someone proofread for you, your TMA.

7. The most important : DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP.  The best person to ask is your tutor. That's what they are there for. Don't worry about looking silly. Some of you are just starting studying after being out from school for a few years. The only silly thing you can do, it's not knowing the answer but not asking anyone for explanation and presuming that it is not important. Ask students ask googel, even your other half - maybe they will be able to help you. If not, remember that two heads is more than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment