About me

Welcome to my blog!
At the beginning I would like to say to you :
I'm sorry!
I am sorry that you had to google my blog and come here and read it. Your life will never be the same! :D

I'm 25 years old, mum of two, adorable, but very busy children! I have three cats, a dog a fish and two guinea pigs. I love to crochet, read books and watch silly horror movies. I consider myself as a very positive and funny person, sometimes very argumentative and to honest for some.
I love to spend time with my family. Although I have my own hobby's as well. Long story, short : My life doesn't ends on my kids.
That's why I've decided to study towards my Psychology degree!
Now, signing yourself up with some university is easy. The hard part starts when, English is your second language, you have conditions called : Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fibromyalgia ( is as hard to live with them as it is to pronounce them ;) ) Depression with Anxiety and Restless Legs Syndrome, and they are very painful. You have so many things to do in a day, that you wish that day would last 72h not only 24!
One of my favourites saying is : You think this is crazy? I will show you crazy! - which pretty much describes my whole life ;) Enjoy!

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Idea of the day : Be social!

 Hey, I am talking to you! Yes, you've heard me! 

 The Open University is giving you lots of advantages. Studying at your own time, in your own bed ( if you fancy it), great opportunities and resources. 
I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about studying and he/she knows, that they can do their work, pretty much by themselves. 
 
 The only one thing which OU is not giving you is : Social interaction. 

You do not go to the class, therefore you do not see any classmates. You don't share your stress with anyone else. You have no one to talk about ideas, problems and all the other stuff connected with your subject. 

 Humans are group animals, we need others, to stay sane.  Like it or not - you need other people. 

 OU is offering you student forums. Lots of students are making facebook groups, for particular subject. Is as easy as typing the code of your subject in fb search. I personally belong to three different groups there. 
 Each group has different people and I like diversity. I don't talk much with everyone. Unfortunately nature has provided me with a very low level of patience for humans :D
 So instead of screaming to them : 

- Do you want to get yourself killed by me?!!!

I am simply avoiding any kind of interactions with those people. I have to mentioned here that I've already meet few people who I've instantly liked. You know that feeling, when you meet someone and you automatically click ? 

I know if I post something on those pages about my study, personal problems even, those people will comment, talk to me, send me a private message - to make me feel better. 
 That;s what everyone need sometime. 

If you can go to one of your tutorials, meet people there. Invite them for a coffee, lunch or just get together to talk about your TMA's. I believe its called study-buddy? 

 Who knows , you might end up , being 'best friends forrr eeevvvaaaaaaaaaa' - as today's teenager says. :D 

 The point is : Don't be by yourself. 
Feelings towards your course can be overwhelming, upsetting, thee can bring you down sometimes. 
 So it is very important that you have that one person, at least, that you know you can turn to, talk to and even say : 
- I hate that f*** subject. 

It is ok, not to like it sometimes :D 

So, go and be social :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment