About me

Welcome to my blog!
At the beginning I would like to say to you :
I'm sorry!
I am sorry that you had to google my blog and come here and read it. Your life will never be the same! :D

I'm 25 years old, mum of two, adorable, but very busy children! I have three cats, a dog a fish and two guinea pigs. I love to crochet, read books and watch silly horror movies. I consider myself as a very positive and funny person, sometimes very argumentative and to honest for some.
I love to spend time with my family. Although I have my own hobby's as well. Long story, short : My life doesn't ends on my kids.
That's why I've decided to study towards my Psychology degree!
Now, signing yourself up with some university is easy. The hard part starts when, English is your second language, you have conditions called : Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fibromyalgia ( is as hard to live with them as it is to pronounce them ;) ) Depression with Anxiety and Restless Legs Syndrome, and they are very painful. You have so many things to do in a day, that you wish that day would last 72h not only 24!
One of my favourites saying is : You think this is crazy? I will show you crazy! - which pretty much describes my whole life ;) Enjoy!

Thursday 12 June 2014

Senate Reference Group meeting in Milton Keynes - Part 2

Phew !!!!!

It was very busy few days! Although I can not express how glad I am that I was part of the S R G meeting! Guys seriously it was amazing!!

Of course I wouldn't be able to help myself and not to take a picture on the train..... :D


And another one in my hotel room 
 As you can see I could finally ( first time in my life) take a mirror selfie!!!! My life is now complete.  I can not do it at home, because first of all I don't have a mirror which would be big enough and second of all I would probably not be thinking about cleaning it properly so I would have picture full of smudges and of course I would have a huge pile of my clothes behind me. So I thought to myself : I want to feel like a star, once in my life and I will take this picture.... :D  


At the actual day I had a quick tour around the campus and I couldn't believe how big our campus in Milton Keynes is. It is huuuggggeeeee!!!

I've took few pictures of some places :
That's Jennie Lee building














 On our way to the library.

 Berrill
Useful map :D
 Trees there were huge!
 O U Library.... I did not wanted to leave.... Can't help it, I just love books!
 Entrance to the library with Sue.















Excuse all of those selfies I am a very self-centre person :D


















Walton Hall with Sue posing :)
You can find some information about it here











 Our campus also have art work placed all over the place there are my few favourites:

Bounding Bull ( Dominic Benhura)

Viper Sniper (D. Benhura)

We walk our own path (Richard Harris)

A Kind of Infinity (Ray Castell)

Contemplation (Tom Harvey)

And the one that is close to my heart: Learning Together (Ray Castell) 

 This sculpture was commissioned by O U to celebrate 40 years of providing open and equal education opportunities to thousands of people. It has two androgynous people with their heads inclined towards each other. They could be anybody, any colour, any ability....

 If you would like to find out more about the O U art, please go here

 I've meet a lot of really kind and welcoming people there. This trip was worth to wait for, now I can't wait for the conference. ( Have you seen the conference programme? No? Try here)

 After my tour me and Sue had a pleasure to be at The O U presentation called : Learning now, for the future.

 Where we were informed about the progress of the O U.  With what students are happy with, what kind of complaints they are. There was a quick chat about competition that students were taking part in. If I recall correctly it was about :  Imagining how the future (O U) will be like. You can find the results, poems, logos etcetera on the forum.
 
We could see the main challenges acknowledged by O U.  Main principles and the most important a plan of action.

Then, me and Sue went for the S R G meeting, unfortunately I can not tell you what was happening there, as it is confidential and I might be destroyed if I say something hahah

 But what I can tell you is that O U and Senate are making sure that every issue is acknowledge and they are doing an amazing job at trying to help and improve our experiences.  And guys believe me it is not an easy job. Just for the meeting every member of the Senate has received 25 different documents and some of them were 20 pages long!  They all had to read it, make sure that we as students will benefit from it and raise any issues if they did not agree with some parts. How amazing is that? That we have someone to take care of us, and they offer their free time, on the top of their courses!

If you want to find out more about O U S A go here  


That's it for today because I am dropping I had a very busy day today and tomorrow is my only day of. On Saturday I am going to be attending a Consultation meeting in Cardiff . Where 20 students from Wales will be able to discuss matters concerning OU students in Wales.


At the end I just wanted to say, that if any of you  have something that you would like to discus with me you can contact me either trough the 'Contact me' form on the blog ( Top right corner) or you can drop me an email at :  bg3344@my.open.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment