About me

Welcome to my blog!
At the beginning I would like to say to you :
I'm sorry!
I am sorry that you had to google my blog and come here and read it. Your life will never be the same! :D

I'm 25 years old, mum of two, adorable, but very busy children! I have three cats, a dog a fish and two guinea pigs. I love to crochet, read books and watch silly horror movies. I consider myself as a very positive and funny person, sometimes very argumentative and to honest for some.
I love to spend time with my family. Although I have my own hobby's as well. Long story, short : My life doesn't ends on my kids.
That's why I've decided to study towards my Psychology degree!
Now, signing yourself up with some university is easy. The hard part starts when, English is your second language, you have conditions called : Ankylosing Spondylitis and Fibromyalgia ( is as hard to live with them as it is to pronounce them ;) ) Depression with Anxiety and Restless Legs Syndrome, and they are very painful. You have so many things to do in a day, that you wish that day would last 72h not only 24!
One of my favourites saying is : You think this is crazy? I will show you crazy! - which pretty much describes my whole life ;) Enjoy!

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Senate Reference Group meeting in Milton Keynes

 What a journey!

I am sitting in a hotel room absolutely exhausted but so happy!

 I was invited by Sue ( SAR the Students Association Representative for Wales (ousa-sar-wales@open.ac.uk) ) to join Senate Reference Group meeting in Milton Keynes. When Sue messaged me few days ago asking if I would be able to attend, I wasn't really sure if SRG meeting is a place for me.
 Yes, I want to be involved with OU as much as possible, but this felt a little bit like jumping to the deep end of the pool without the ability to swim.... Which in my example is absolutely accurate as I CAN'T swim... :D

 I was supposed to meet Sue on the train, half way through... When I was reserving my tickets I was not aware that all of them will be reserved in a 'quiet wagon'.... Just for the future references.... Please do not book your tickets with such a seat!!!  Me and Sue said hello to each other, as you would do when you are meeting a new person and an old gentlemen told us of!!! I mean, really... I've felt like a teenager. We weren't loud, we just simply said hello. :D If that wouldn't be enough, after starting to whisper to each other about important OU staff a lady in from of us started to basically bully us, trying to keep us silence!  Of course a loud noise made by her lunch box was acceptable :D I do not know how did we manage not to say : We thought is a 'quiet wagon' :D  I was told by her that even if my seat is reserved I should go somewhere else. :D How mean can you get ? Luckily for us we had only 5 minutes left and we were free. I don't think I have to add that after that experience we were giggling about it till the end of our journey, because EVERY seat I've reserved in each of the trains was in a 'quiet wagon'!!! If I know my luck, tomorrow all my seats will be in the exact wagon!

  I've meet today a few members of Central Executive Community ( CEC) and I have to say they were lovely! Made me feel welcome and comfortable. I am really happy that I've decided to come. And Sue took me straight under her wings and took me through the whole experience step by step. Plus she is so nice and easy to talk to I wasn't able to keep quiet around her ( That's probably why we was told of  hahah ) .

 I will write an update of the actual meeting which is happening tomorrow morning, I was made aware that I can't repeat certain details, but I will share with you what I can. But for now I will have to go hit my pillow, because I am one, very tired girl....

No comments:

Post a Comment